Thursday, April 21, 2011

Letter to Mady

Dear Mady Girl,
I love these moments I get to spend with you, cuddling with you before you take a nap or go to bed.  
It's in these moments I start thinking about you and what you'll be like when you're older.  Will you be a tall, slender girl that doesn't have to worry about gaining a little "holiday weight" like you're uncle Justin?  Will you be super smart and driven like your Aunt Heather?  We all know you have a big head with lots of brains!  
Will you be stubborn like your parents or have a contagious laugh like your Aunt Tracy?  Will you be musically talented like your Uncle Chris or will you prefer sports like your mom and dad?  Will you have your dad's integrity and your mom's determination?  What will you be like my dear?  
After awhile of dreaming about your future, my thoughts quickly turn to prayer.  Why you may ask?  Because, my sweet girl, it's not a matter of what you do, where you go , or what your personality is like; it's a matter of WHO you give your heart to.  
It doesn't matter if you're the best basketball player at your high school or the kid that gets straight A's always.  It doesn't matter if you are a first chair clarinet in the band or , heaven forbid, cheer captain of the cheerleading squad.  
What matters is that you trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean on Him alone.  He is your creator and my prayer is that you will be a girl that knows the Lord, spends time with Him in the word, and serves others.   I pray that you'll realize the REAL reason for Easter and the saving power of Jesus Christ.  I also pray that your dad and I will show you how to walk in God's truth.  
So little one, rest easy.  The Lord your God has his hand on you. I will be here when you wake up and I look forward to walking with you in this life and showing you how wonderful, amazing, and awesome our Father in Heaven truly is. 
Mom loves you, Good night!

2 comments: