Sunday, April 10, 2011

4 Months

A week ago, Mady turned 4 months old!  She is getting so big and so much fun!  We went to the doctor on Friday and her measurements are:
Length: 25 1/4 inches long (80%)
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz (20%)
Head size: (81%)
  Mady is definitely one long and lean girl, just like the Ellis side of my family!  I guess being her mom, I also never realized that she has a gigantic head.  I mean I see it all the time and her cute little petite face hides the fact that her head is HUGE.  No wonder we are still having trouble with head control...it's like she's trying to control a bowling ball head with a toothpick body!  Jeremy and I are SO excited about her weight gain though!  When we went in at 2 months, she was in the 5% for her weight.  20% is MUCH better.  
  At 4 months, Mady is such a smiling happy little girl.  She gave us her first giggles in the last few weeks.  That is pretty much the best sound I've ever heard!  She still loves to be cuddled when she's tired and she is sleeping so well throughout the night.  (except when she got those dang shots but really it hasn't been too bad.)  
  We have now transitioned to wearing size 3-6 months in clothing.  I never thought I'd have a kid that would actually wear the size that she should at her age.  For some reason I always thought my babies would be big and fat.  I mean, look at Jeremy and I...we aren't super skinny like this little chica! 
  Here's our monthly photo shoot.  Once again, Mady decided it was not time to smile when I brought the camera out.  However, once I stopped shooting pictures, she gave my the biggest, most ornery grin...I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me in a few years!
Yep, we're trying to roll over...can't figure out how to get the darn arm out of the way though...



Oh yes, and our new trick is to stick out our tongue...it's cute but creates gallons of drool!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment