Monday, April 11, 2011

He's not surprised...

Sometimes this mommy brain starts to worry.  I worry about whether Mady is meeting all her milestones? Is she gaining weight? Is she sleeping enough? Am I giving her enough stimulation or too much? Is she on a good schedule?  Am I helping her grow into a Godly little girl? The list goes on and on...
Then I have to STOP.  
I have to remember that God is ultimately in control.
He is not surprised that Mady was slow in gaining weight.
He's not surprised that she still can't control her head very well at 4 months.
He's not surprised that the doctor isn't happy with her progress. (seriously doctors should realize not to use the words "genetic disorder" or "genetic testing" with a first time mother unless it is proven absolutely necessary for the babies development.)
He's not surprised that she is an absolute beauty with her big blue eyes.
He's not surprised that she is an excellent sleeper and has been from day 1.
He's not surprised that she is such a happy little girl.
He's not surprised with anything.  
He is ultimately in control, and when this mommy brain starts to worry, I have to constantly remind myself that He made her and He loves her and He knows her infinitely more than I do or ever will.   

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is perfect. I hate that docs can be "brain smart", but so emotionally dumb sometimes :( BTW, Emmalyn loves your video of Mady giggling - she was fixated on it the whole time :)

    ReplyDelete