Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DIY project day

So today, I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and started AND FINISHED a DIY project.  My inner Martha doesn't make an appearance much so when I'm motivated I try to seize the opportunity and tend to forget about things like laundry...which still needs to be finished.
Anyway, my DIY project today was making curtains for the window above my sink.  I do not sew very well at all.  I tried sewing when I made Mady's bedding for her nursery.  It takes me DAYS to finish things when sewing and I didn't want that so I googled "no sew curtains".  I found some great sites that were super helpful.  
I started this project when Mady was sleeping and finished it when she was playing on her floor mat.  This little girl was so helpful in letting her mom finish!
 Now without further delay, here are my curtains.  

3 comments: