Saturday, May 19, 2012

Moving and Daddy's Birthday

Well we officially moved out a week ago and have been settling into our new temporary location, Jeremy's parent's basement.  Not our ideal spot to settle but it'll due until we make our huge move to Cheyenne.  
Mady has done EXTREMELY well with all this craziness.  We've had only 1 night of "rough sleeping" by Mady's standards which is probably considered "good sleeping" by others.  Since it's so dark in the basement, she takes amazing naps (almost 3 hours) and sleeps in till 8:30 most days.  
The move for me wasn't all that easy since I am pregnant and spent my first trimester packing boxes and reminding myself not to lift anything too terribly heavy.  My back still hasn't quite recovered from the move but my energy is slowly coming back!  YAY!
Lexi has been the most annoying part of this whole process.  Lets just say that she has whined at our door in the basement at 3 AM a couple of times, wants to be let out immediately to go upstairs and wake up the whole house, and is super hyper, ready to play in the morning while her friend Gabby (Jeremy's parents dog) likes to sleep in.  



We celebrated Jeremy's birthday last Wednesday.  Mady and I tried out a homemade finger painting recipe to make Daddy his birthday sign.  

She wasn't all that thrilled with the texture but we still got the sign made to surprise daddy!  

1 comment:

  1. Uggg, I hear you with the moving:( I moved when I was in my first trimester with Hollis. I packed the whole house thinking I would not, could not make it b/c I was going to throw up or perish from exhaustion!! It is SO MUCH WORK!! We are still not moved with this move back to Ames either. Over half of our stuff is in storage and we are living in a temporary farm house until something bigger opens up for us. I will be thinking of you sweet lady!! HUGS!! Mady is so cute !!

    ReplyDelete