Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trip to Oklahoma

This last weekend, we took Mady for her first road trip to Oklahoma to visit my side of the family.  Most of my family had not seen her yet, and so I was very eager to get down there so they could meet my little girl.  Since the longest car ride Mady had been on was 30 minutes, we weren't quite sure how she would do for 3 1/2 hours...she did amazing!  Here is some of the highlights of our trip.

Before we left for Oklahoma, we had to stop by the hospital and visit Mady's new friend, Mark.  Dana and Nick are the parents of this adorable little boy!
What a cutie!  Look at all that black hair!
 Then we were off to Oklahoma!  We took Lexi with us.  She rode in the back with her sister.  
Being a good doggie!

Lexi was concerned when Mady started to cry a little.




Our first stop was great grandma and great grandpa Ellis' house.  (My grandparents.)  My niece and nephew Rielly and Titus were there along with my brother and sister-in-law and my parents.  
This picture is dark but my grandparents just loved Mady girl.

Rielly and Ty with baby Mady.

Rielly wanted to hold "Baby Madelwyn"



As you can see, Rielly and Ty LOVED seeing Baby Mady.  They couldn't get enough of her!
The next day we visited Great Grandma Smith.
Look at my long girl!



We also saw LOTS of other friends and family but I didn't get pictures.  On Sunday, we celebrated my grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary.  It was so amazing to see Family and Friends I hadn't seen in YEARS!  

Rielly's "Princess Dress" as she calls it.

Rielly and Ty love Baby Mady.



We had such a wonderful time in Oklahoma.  Mady did fantastic on her first road trip and sleeping away from home!  She was exhausted though and on our way back, she slept the entire 3 1/2 hours!  We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and can't wait until the next time we're down!

No comments:

Post a Comment