Monday, January 10, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful for these two blessings.

I was talking with Jeremy the other day about how if I were still teaching, this would be my last week home with my sweet girl.  I cannot imagine having to drop her off at daycare.  I am so thankful that my husband, not only works so hard at his job so I can stay home, but that he encourages me and wants me to.  I love being a stay-at-home mom.  It is my ultimate dream job.  Of course, there are days I miss teaching.  I definitely miss seeing my co-workers at Hesston everyday.  And I miss seeing the change in my students from the beginning of the year to the end.  I know that I will go back to teaching one day, however right now, I am LOVING being at home with my little girl.  Even when she decides to pee on her 2nd outfit of the day, or spit up all over her crib sheets, or I get poop on my hands (yuck!), or she cries every time I give her a bath....this job is the best and I'm so thankful I get to be home to enjoy it all!

3 comments:

  1. being home with your kids is the best...sometimes hard and we wonder why we do it, but SO rewarding...i wouldn't have it any other way! come over for a play date if you need to get out!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys!! I too LOVE having the support and encouragement from my hubby--it makes those hard moments easier! Parenting is the hardest job in the world but you CANNOT beat it with any other thing EVER!!
    Wish I could come over and have playdate???

    SO glad you get to be a SAHM!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had that dream job for 33 years and LOVE it. So grateful for my husband's support in that. Say, I have a frozen meal for you in the fridge at church. Stop by the nursery Sunday if you can! Or if you plan to come to Mom 2 Mom.

    ReplyDelete