Monday, January 3, 2011

Mady's 1st Christmas

Although I would LOVE to say Mady's first Christmas was so much fun, seeing all of my family in Tulsa, it didn't end up that way.  We found out the week of Christmas that Mady wasn't gaining weight.  Because she was so fragile, we were advised not to travel anywhere.   I was very disappointed but I also wanted my little girl to grow and get bigger.  The week of Christmas was exhausting for Jeremy and I.  However, on Christmas day, we did find time to relax and enjoy our family of 3.  
On Christmas morning, we ate a HUGE brunch and took family pictures by the tree.  
Us in our PJs Christmas morning. 
I think her sweet face looks like Jeremy in this picture.  
After brunch, we laid around watching Christmas movies.  We watched my all time favorite Christmas movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We also watched Elf, another favorite.  Mady girl wore one of her favorite outfits from her Great Grandma Smith.  
Her shirt says, "Who needs Santa when I have Grandma"


Candy Cane Socks from Great Grandma Smith.

Because we stayed in our PJs practically all day, we decided to take "nice" family Christmas pictures the next day after church.  Mady's "Santa Baby" dress is from her Aunt Tracy.  I absolutely love it!
So yes, our Christmas wasn't exactly as we would have planned, but it was still wonderful.  We are so thankful for our favorite Christmas present, our sweet Mady girl, and for Jesus Christ coming as a baby.  For that is really the reason we celebrate Christmas.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment