Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reading

We've been doing a lot of reading around here!  Ever since I got my Kindle at the beginning of July, I've been reading like crazy.  This is good and bad.  Good for my brain, bad for the wallet.  Anyway, here are some excellent books that I highly recommend.
1. Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Amazing!  She seriously challenges you in so many ways about being grateful for even the small things we have!  My favorite quote: "I have learned along the way that, regardless of how I may feel, anything that makes me need God is (ultimately, in the truest sense) a blessing."
2. Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman 
You all remember the story of Steven Curtis Chapman's little girl Maria dying in a terrible accident a few years ago...well this is a book written by his wife that not only talks about that tragedy but also about her life journey and how God is working in her and through her.  It is simply a must read!  I can't put it down!  
3. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
There are no words to describe what this girl went through when she was abducted at age 11.  My heart aches for what she went through...

Mady has also been doing some reading.  

She's been reading:
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Touch and Feel Wild Animals Book
Touch and Feel Farm Book
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  By Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
Look at the Animals!  By Peter Linenthal    

We're also taking our weekly trip to the library today for more fun books to read!  Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. i'll have to read the other two books you have listed :o) also-have you enrolled Maddy in toddler story time? its for 6m-2 years and Marin and i will be there this fall! I can't rmemebr when it starts but its on Fridays at 9:30.

    ReplyDelete