Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Polar Bear Dog

Lexi, Mady, and I went for a 2 mile walk this morning to enjoy the beautiful COOL weather!  I am so looking forward to fall, my favorite time of the year! 

Anyway, on our walk we past by a dad and two young boys.  One of them was an infant and the other must have been 3.  I overheard the 3 year old excitedly say "Look Dad, it's a polar bear dog!"
 
The kid had a point.  Especially when you look at these pictures of when she was a puppy.  

SO cute but sure don't miss the puppy stage!

But times are indeed changing around the Olsen house.  
Instead of "Lexi stop licking Mady"s face" or "Stop licking her ______ (fill in the blank with any body part)" or "Lexi stop begging for food" when she's staring at Mady in her high chair, it will be "Mady please be nice to the dog and stop pulling her hair, riding her like a horse, or hitting her in the face."  
Side note:  I don't just LET Lexi lick Mady's face but the girl is sneaky and quick...sometimes I just can't stop it in time!
Yes indeed things are changing.  An example of this is yesterday, Mady was in her jumper playing.  Lexi immediately goes over to lick the face because it's just so convenient... I look over and before I can do anything, Mady grabs Lexi's ear and face hair and pulls hard!  Lexi yelps and then comes running to me.  Needless to say that Lexi was a little cautious when approaching Mady the rest of the day.  Not that I mind or anything...I think it will be a nice relief when Lexi finally realizes that Mady will indeed fight back:-)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment