Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6 months of blessing

Since Mady turned 6 months last week, Jeremy and I have had time to really think through the last 6 months and how God has worked in our lives and in little Mady's.  

We thought about the times when she was 2 weeks old and we wondered if she would even gain an ounce before the next lactation consultant meeting.  At that point, it was gain an ounce or be put in the hospital.  We were so worried but God was faithful and helped our little Mady grow. 

Then at 1 month, we wondered if she would ever get back to her birth weight.  God so provided and a few days after hitting the 1 month milestone, we finally got past 7 lbs 7 ounces.

At 2 months we wondered why she refused to eat or was eating very little at times.  This caused our hearts to really cry out to God for help because we realized it was out of our control.  God, again, was faithful and provided us with fantastic people to help us through this journey.  

I still wonder about things.  Like will Mady sit up soon like the other kids her age?  Will she be able to crawl soon or will it take awhile? 

My always competitive heart gets the best of me when I want her to be the best at everything or meet all the milestones when she's suppose to or before.  I call it my inner soccer mom coming out.

But then I remember the 6 months of her life.  Like in all areas, God has provided and will do so again.  She will get there and hit all her milestones in her way and in her time.  I just have to let my pride go and trust God that he will protect, love, and help my little girl.  Like he's done so many times before.

A verse that I hung up in Mady's room before she was born has meant so much to me these last 6 months.  Little did I know how powerful these words would be in Miss Mady's life.
"For the Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease.  For his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; Great is thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3: 22-23 
 
Here's a little look back on Mady's 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!!! and SUCH A CUTE girly!!! I love her smile and adorable long legs!! What a beauty you and Jeremy have--she is such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete