Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Hardware

Mady got fitted for her new braces last week.  We were going to start with just insoles in her shoes, however when we tried that, it still didn't correct the problem of her left foot rolling in.  So, she now has these braces.

She definitely has a love/hate relationship with them.  She hates when I put them on.  We cry and wiggle, making it hard to get them on.  HOwever, when we do have them on and are walking around, I do think she realizes that it's much easier to do different things.  So I'm hoping our love/hate relationship will turn into a just love relationship after awhile.

She did so good getting on her knees it was hard for me to get onto her for getting into my stuff under the cabinet!
She is improving so much in different gross motor areas.  For instance, she's now going from laying on her stomach to sitting up.  It's a little unconventional the way she does it, but that's been the case for all her gross motor skills.  

This was the first time I discovered her sitting up in bed!  
I'm so proud of her.  It's hard to watch your child struggle but it's amazing to see them conquer something so tough for them.  I appreciate each motor milestone so much more because of the work it's taken for Mady to learn how to do it.  She's getting there!  I've also learned to be patient.  It's in her own time and in her own way. 

2 comments:

  1. She makes those little tiny braces look so darn adorable!! How precious, I am serious she look so cute!!

    You are so right, Mady girl will do things in her own time. I hate as moms we subconsciously think to ourselves, well my friends baby is doing it already, etc I have a degree in Child dev. and I know all the statics and all that jazz but the most important thing is all children are different and do things eventually.
    Landrey was an early EVERYTHING!! She walked by the end of 9 months and just hit everything so early, she still does. Mister is a different story. He is just a laid back kid who takes life as it comes. He has a big sis who caters to him so he really has not even blinked an eye at crawling.
    Anyways, sorry to ramble but I just though I had to say how precious your baby girl is and I love those braces on her, esp. since she is doing more gross motor things:)

    ReplyDelete