Monday, November 21, 2011

12 Lessons for 12 months continued...

Continuing on with the 12 lessons in 12 months.
When people tell you not to register for a diaper genie don't listen.
We didn't register for one because we thought "Hey, a cheap trashcan from Walmart will do the trick until we take out the trash."  WRONG!  I guess Jeremy and I had never really smelled how terrible diapers stink after sitting in a trashcan for several days.  It makes me nauseous every time I smell them and I'm not even pregnant.  

We quickly decided we needed an alternative to the "cheap trashcan from Walmart." I didn't want to spend much money of course so I decided to shop around.  

One week, I went into my local favorite shop, the Etc. Shop (yes it's a thrift store and I love it!) and what shall I find there?  Only a perfectly good diaper disposal pail!  And the best part....It was $2.  So now, there is a little stench in Mady's room from time to time, but combine that with the Newborn Nursery scent in the Scentsy warmer and our diaper pail, we pretty much have figured out how to cover it up.  And my nausea has almost gone away....except when I have to empty the diaper pail.

Not all babies tell you when they're hungry.
I didn't think this was possible.  Before having Mady I thought..."Ok so when a baby's hungry they'll cry and let you know like my niece and nephew did."  WRONG!  Mady has never been one to ask for food...ever.  I'm not kidding.  If it wasn't for me and Jeremy telling her to eat, the girl would go all day without eating.  This may explain the reason she's below 20 percentile in her weight...

This lesson however has been a good reminder that putting a baby on a schedule is necessary and it works!  If we would have let her decide when she was hungry, I'm pretty sure we would have been in the hospital several times this year for "failure to thrive".   

No comments:

Post a Comment