Friday, February 18, 2011

Friends! And Some Random Thoughts

A highlight of Mady and I's week without daddy was visiting our friends Dana and Markie.  Mark is exactly 6 weeks younger than Mady.  It was so much fun seeing them together!
Mady looks like a giant compared to Mark even though they are only a pound difference in weight!

Mady didn't like to sit on the chair by Marky at all!  As long as this boy phobia continues for another 30 years, I'll be happy:-)
 So I was very excited this week when my cloth diapers I had ordered came in....however, when putting them on Mady I realized her bum is still too little and I may wait a little longer until using them full time.  I can't wait to put these pretty colors on her!

Over the last week, I've also made some homemade diaper wipes.  I absolutely LOVE them and will never go back to the packaged kind in the stores.  The ones I make smell so good and it's so nice to know what they're made out of... 
Bottles:  I am pretty sure we have enough bottles to open up a store.  We've tried many different kinds: playtex ventaire, playtex drop in liners, Dr. Brown's, Madela bottles, and last but not least the Gerber Slow Flow.  Of all the bottles we have bought, the cheapest by far has been the Gerber and guess what kind my wonderful daughter loves?  The Gerber!  Waahoo!  She's a girl after my own heart...cheap is good!

Finally, here are some pictures from our week.
They took a nap together one day.

Mady LOVES looking at books.  She is really focusing on pictures which makes this teacher's heart happy:-)

Yes Lexi does spend a lot of her day staring at Mady.  She has been licking her a little too much lately on the face out of rebellion...

I love her sweet smile!  She has been so much more interactive with her playmat gym thingy...

1 comment:

  1. How about a recipe for the wipes. Would that be a practical thing for the nursery?

    ReplyDelete