Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Madelyn's Birth Story

Miss Madelyn's actual due date was November 28th.  However, like she has always done throughout this pregnancy, she let us know clearly that she was on her own time!  
Tuesday November 30th: My appointment at my doctor's office showed that my blood pressure was on the rise.  My doctor wanted to induce by the weekend.  We scheduled an appointment for the next day to get my cervix ripening. 

Wednesday December 1st:   My doctor could not ripen my cervix the way she wanted in the doctor's office so she said we should check into the hospital at 7:00.  They would then start a different form of medicine to get things going.  She warned us that I could be laboring all day Thursday and not to get my hopes up of having the baby quickly.  Jeremy and I went to Olive Garden and had our last meal just the two of us.  We then checked in the hospital at 7:00.  
This is me Wednesday night...pretty excited to get things going!
Thursday December 2nd:  At 7:30, the nurse starts the pitocin.  The contractions at this point are not too bad.  Jeremy is a huge help by giving my massages and being very encouraging.  
 At 8:30, the doctor comes in and breaks my water.  Hard contractions begin immediately.  Sooo not fun...
I was not too thrilled Jeremy took this picture.  It was right in the middle of a contraction. 
 At 9:00 I request and epidural.  The epidural arrives at 9:30 and I am feeling good!!! 
Epidurals are GOOOOD!
 At 10:00, my parents arrive from Oklahoma and we get to see them.  They stayed in the room for about an hour.  At 11:00, I started to feel a lot of pressure.  The nurse checks me and sure enough I am 9 cm dilated and soon I will be pushing.  Jeremy and I were both surprised at how fast it went!  
At 12:00 I start pushing and 1 hour and 1/2 later, little Mady was born!

 

 The Big Girl!  She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.






Our First family photo! 

My parents.
Jeremy's Parents.














The Proud Grandparents were there for the day!  My parents drove up from Oklahoma just in time for Mady to be born. 

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that the similarities are crazy?? Our daughters' first names are 1 letter different, both middle names are Grace, and Chris and I went to Olive Garden for our last meal! Although, I wish I had your short labor story! ;)

    ReplyDelete